Dec 5, 2009

First time meeting Mama

Cole and Brady were all dressed up in their Falcon's gear!

The best women in my life! My mom and Mama! Can't you tell how much my Mama loves her?

Holding Brady.... well, I was holding Brady on her lap:-)


4 generations!




My mom showing Mama Brady....



She wasn't quite sure what to think of him.... :-)












This is a very special post for me. My grandmother, Mama, has alzheimer's disease and is in a nursing home in Kennesaw. My Mama is the greatest ever. Words cannot even explain how special she is to me. I wish Brady knew how much fun she used to be. Her disease has progressed a lot. She doesn't know our names or how we are related to her, but she definitely knows she loves us. You can tell when her eyes light up when we walk into the room. I was hoping to get the same reaction when I brought Brady to meet her. Let me first say that I was extremely hesitant to bring Brady to a nursing home and my doctor told me not to do it. But with Mama having random seizures every now and then, I couldn't risk Brady not ever meeting her. It was worth the risk to me. Anyways, when I showed Brady to her and told her he was my baby..... she said, "I know" and that was pretty much it. She couldn't make the connection that he was her great grandson. She knows me because I am a part of her past memories. But, the idea of Brady is a new memory and one she cannot grasp. That is okay though, because

I will remember that moment forever. When we were going to leave, my Mama said, "I love you with all my heart" and that was all I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment