May 24, 2009

Decision MADE!

So, I'll never forget when Cole and I made the decision to stop taking birth control on September 30, 2008. We had been talking about having a family for months. We discussed our fears, concerns, and excitements over and over again. My main concern was not having my Masters Degree yet and whether or not I would ever go back to school to get it. At the time, I couldn't even imagine myself going to back to get another degree because I felt like I had just got out of college:-) I had waited so long to start teaching school and now I was teaching and loving every minute of it! That fear was put aside when I realized that I couldn't have a "master plan" for every second of my life and I was going to do what I wanted to do..... which was HAVE A BABY! So, the Masters Degree was put on the back burner.

Cole's main concern was...... did he have one? Haha! He was concerned about all the unforeseen costs of having a baby. I wouldn't really say that he was concerned, but if he had one worry- that was it! He was 100% ready to have a family and I was excited by his enthusiasm!

We made the decision to stop taking birth control! Yay!!!! Now there were all these other fears....

1. Will we be able to conceive?
2. Will it take years?
3. Should we tell our families?
4. What if it takes a week and we are totally caught off guard!

We tried, stressed, and I cried for 3 months. I probably took 10 pregnancy tests during that time! I wanted a baby and I wanted it now! I was getting a little impatient:-) I finally decided to chill and not think about it. Of course when I did, it happened!

On January 30th, 2009, I went out to dinner with my friends Catherine and Ellen. I felt great at dinner, but when I got home I felt awful! I told Cole that I felt bad and asked him if I should take a pregnancy test. His response was, "We only have one left, you are probably just sick from the Mexican food. Just lay down and relax." I wasn't satisfied, so I went to the "bathroom" and took our last test secretly:-) I had seen just one pink line a million times so I wasn't even watching the test to see what was happening. When I looked up, I saw TWO pink lines! I almost fainted!!! No, it wasn't true! Was I really pregnant?! The waterworks came and I went running down the hallway and collapsed in the living room floor crying and screaming, "I AM PREGNANT!!!!"

After that things are a blur! We hugged, cried, and called family on a Friday night at 11:30! Cole then decided that one test didn't fully convince him, so we drove to Wal-Mart and bought two more! Both were positive!!! Three positive pregnancy tests........ we were in shock!!!

I took a picture of the three tests with my phone and sent it to friends and family! My grandfather's response was, "Oh no! Are there going to be three of them!" Haha! Our friends and family were so excited for us and we were overjoyed!

WE DID IT! WE WERE PREGNANT! WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A FAMILY! YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Baby, with a blog, your Mommy & Daddy sent for me to see....a little-bitty-diddy-of "How you became to BE!" A Bio, to watch you grow, I already love you so, and I'm honored to accept my position as your NanaP, my grandson, your Daddys Mommy! I"m waiting to rock you to sleep, thank the lord for the miracle of our boy so strong and sweet, we'll be best buddies, you'll see. NanaP's 1st blog.

    To my #1 son & my #1 daughter-in-law, a very pale grey or eggshell color could be nice and thankyou for creating a loveley loving beginning for our boy... #2scooterpoot ha-ha

    ReplyDelete