Oct 17, 2009
Breastfeeding....sigh....
For those of you who know me well, I was determined to breastfeed Brady. Well, that didn't happen. When he was born he weighed 7lbs 11oz. When we were in the hospital his weight got down to 7lbs 3 oz because he wasn't getting enough breastmilk. We had to supplement with formula. When we did this, Brady was spoiled by the flowing nipple on the bottle. He didn't have to do any "work" for his food:-) Therefore, breastfeeding stopped altogether. I started to pump, so he would still get the 'liquid gold':-) I pumped for 10 days, until the milk stopped altogether. So, needless to say, Brady is a formula baby. This was EXTREMELY hard for me to except. But, as you can see, he is very happy and satisfied with formula and he was not this way with breastmilk. As long as my baby is happy and gaining weight, I am happy! We went for a 'weight check' last week at the doctor and he weighed 8lbs 1 oz. Yay! Keeping gaining weight my little man! We love you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel your pain. I wanted to breastfeed Maddie and she was so lazy! The bottle was much easier for her and then pumping every 2 hours just to get 2 oz. was exhausting. I stopped after 1 month, but I think the important thing is you tried. Don't give up hope for the next one...my nephew never took to breastfeeding, but my niece did. Hope to see y'all soon. Brady is soooo precious!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristin! That makes me feel so much better:-) Hey, your brother-in-law is taking pics of Brady this month! I am so excited!!!
ReplyDeleteBrittany--I understand your concern and frustration. Some babies take to it, and some don't. It just goes to show that they have already developed their own, little personality :o) AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteLuckily, I am still producing milk (7 months later---sometimes, I think I am a human milk-machine)...
As long as Brady is healthy, growing, and smiling---you and your hubby are doing your jobs, well!
Congratulations, again...he is just too precious :o)
Thanks Janine:-) Wow! You are still producing milk... go momma! By the way, your Lennon is absolutely adorable!!!!
ReplyDeleteBrady is healthy & happy and thats what matters the most. I nursed one and not the other two. And guess which one had the most problems??? And it was exhausting to say the least, not to mention leakage, sore nipples and every time another baby would be around my shoes got wet. LOL.....Cheers to the bottle sweetie!! When can I come meet the new prince?
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Thanks Melanie! You can come visit whenever you'd like!!
ReplyDelete