Jun 14, 2009

Registering at Babies R Us and Target

Saturday morning I got dressed and waited for Cole to finish mowing the grass so we could go register. I had some down time, so I took a belly pic. This is 24 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My belly has changed so much this week. I feel like it's gotten a lot bigger!

When we finally made it to Babies R Us they were extremely busy and lots of pregnant mommies were registering too. I was so excited and had a super grin on my face! I had been dying to shop for things for Brady and here was my chance! We made it to the first aisle.... bottles and pacifiers. I stood there staring up at all the choices and could have burst into tears. This was supposed to be so easy for me..... I love to shop and I am now a mommy..... so of course I would know all the right choices to make. NOPE! I was completely overwhelmed. I felt like I SHOULD know what to get, but I had NO IDEA! It made me feel absolutely out of place! I had researched so much online and read so many mommy reviews that I knew exactly what I wanted to register for. I just never realized how many choices I was going to have!! Luckily, Cole calmed me down and told me that we could always return things. He also said it would probably take a while to figure out what kind of bottle we needed for Brady after he was born. Thank goodness for him!

So, our trip started out on a bad note- but ended up on a good one! I got the hang of things and knew exactly what I wanted in all the other aisles. Cole had a great time with the scanner and loved picking out things for our little boy as well. :-) Although he was laughing at me for taking 3 trips to the bathroom while we were there! Brady is really doing a number on my bladder these days!!!

After Babies R Us, we got a bite to eat (all that shopping can wear you out!). Then we headed to Target. At this point, we were "old pros" at the registering thing and breezed through Target in no time!

Whew! We were done and I was exhausted!

I convinced Cole to stop for ice cream on the way home at this new place called Maggie Moo's. It was so yummy! Cole got chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips and I got vanilla with M&M's (my favorite!). Don't we look like two happy parents?!



3 comments:

  1. Maggie Moo's is the BEST! You just let me know if you are craving it and I will glad to meet you there! Registering is very overwhelming! It's is nothing like registering when you are getting married. I'm glad that it all worked out. My favorite things are: Mylicon gas drops (ha, ha), our Lamb swing, bordeaux (sp?) butt paste, swaddle blanket, bottle warmer, boppy pillow, bumbo seat, lots of bibs, towels, and washclothes. You are not going to want to do laundry every night! I also love our bath tub. It fits conveniently into the sink and has a net for infants and then you can take that out when they get bigger. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. I always looked at other people's blogs to see if I forgot anything. Oh, also get a travel system. That way the base stays in your car and you can take the carseat part out (with baby in it)and attach it to the stroller without having to wake baby up. It is a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie Moo's is the best! Haha!

    Thanks for all the registering hints! I needed them!!! I got most of that stuff except the bottle warmer.... I'll have to check into that! I might be emailing you with lots of questions soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Britt, I know what you mean. I MADE my mom come with me. I figured she has been in the baby business for 25 years so she had to know what I needed, and she totally did. I would go to register for something and she would say, don't even waste your time, you don't really need it. That was a huge help. The good thing about a new born is that you know you need basics, and you have time to figure out the rest as they grow, you will learn what works for you and what doesn't. Glad it went well, if you have any questions please call me! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete