Jul 8, 2009

28 week doctor's appointment

Today we had our 28 week appointment. We got to see Brady again and he is growing so well! He weighs 2 pounds and 12 ounces. He is right on track with weight (a little above the norm actually!). His heart rate was 156bmp- all good. The amniotic fluid was normal. Blood flow from the umbilical cord to baby was great. His head is down already and facing my back! He is already prepared for delivery (not for a while I hope!) We did not get to print out any ultrasound pictures because he is big. All the pictures would be are belly shots or top of the head shots because he is already so low. The ultrasound tech said we probably wouldn't get anymore pics because you wouldn't be able to see much. My placenta has moved up and is no longer "low lying"- so those worries are gone! Yay! The doctor said they rate the babies on 8 factors and Brady scored an 8 out of 8- perfect score! She said we were having an A+ pregnancy! Cole and I were grinning from ear to ear! We couldn't be more thankful and proud of our little man!

We are scheduling our second 3D/4D ultrasound soon! Can't wait for those pics!! I'll post some belly pics later!

By the way, I've gained 16 pounds! Whew!

7 comments:

  1. Yay! So happy you had a great visit. Brady sounds like he is growing nice and strong. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I am so excited to hold him. I can't believe that he is so big already. Doesn't every preggo mama hope that her baby comes just a "little" early...maybe a week or two if he is ready. LOL! We are so impatient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Glad to hear all is healthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that all is going well! I took photos of the Taylor-Brawner House yesterday to share with your mom & Erica. SORRY, you can't see yet. Erica and I want to surprise you. Went last night and picked out "stuff" for the shower. I am excited about your shower and can't wait to rub your belly. Maybe by now your belly has exceeded mine! LOL Shower colors are green, white and black. Are you freaked yet?? You'll just have to trust us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie! You are so crazy!! That's why I love ya!! I am so excited about the shower!!!! I love the colors!! I trust you both very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin, Kaci, and Lindsay:

    Thanks for the well wishes! We are so excited for our little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear little baby Brady is coming along. :) Sorry I didn't put much info. or many pics of little baby Erni...I probably won't until I set my profile to private. They named her Lydia Grace Erni and she is quite a beauty. Makes me very excited for Matt and I, but also makes us realize we are not quite ready.

    ReplyDelete